Sunday, October 14, 2012

Nana the Great!

Hello All,

Fall is in full swing!  The temperatures have definitely dropped.  The bad news is I had to put away all my shorts and pretty sun dresses...the good news is I've busted out all my boots, jackets, and scarves!  I love AUTUMN!!

On September 22nd when Todd and I went to Stone Harbor to say farewell to Nana who passed away in March, Pop Jim told us how much she loved autumn as well.  Per Nana's wishes we got to spend time in her favorite place at her favorite time of year.  

Nana's spirit filled the air the whole week at the shore.  Starting from the drive from NYC the beautiful rays from the sun shot out from the clouds as if they were lighting our way. 


When we arrived at the beach the wind blew every cloud out of the way and left only a perfect bright blue sky.  The amount of people that came to say goodbye to Nana astounded both Todd and me. There were high school friends, neighbors, and family from the Kabalan, Mathias, and Rowland sides of the family.  Everyone who could make it was there.


But we did unfortunately have some family members that couldn't make it, however, I came prepared and packed them in my suitcase.  They were there in spirit and flat laminated photo form!  You know that's how Todd and I roll!!

From L to R: Dennis, Kristina, Zoey, Shane, Krissta, Parker, & Kristofer

Nana wanted a Red Solo Cup party memorial with no tears and no black dresses, just flip flops, drinks, and memories.  That's exactly what happened.


We spent a lovely week in a gorgeous house in Stone Harbor.  The weather was perfect and Todd and I tried to do exactly what Nana wanted us to do...Have a Good Time in her FAVORITE place!  Once again...That's exactly what happened!

Todd with Pop Jim on the dock of the Bay...House. :)


The Todd's chauffeured me in the boat!  I felt special!

Oh, and it was also the 7th anniverary of me turning 21! To celebrate we spent a lovely day in Nana's hometown of Cape May!!

The Todd Father & Todd on top of the Cape May Lighthouse

Along the beach in Cape May with the light house in the back

The Ladies of Cape May!

Me & The Todd Father - My new nickname for Dad!

Channeling Nana as a Majorette when she was in High School.

Like stepping back in time - Where's the Soda Jerk?

Our Lady Star of the Sea where Nana married Gpa Caesar. 

The Monarch Butterflies passing through Jersey on the migration trail!

No trip to Stone Harbor is complete without a gorgeous sunset at the Bay House!

Nana's presence was in every single day and in everything we did.  It's still hard to believe she's gone but its mostly because we can still feel her.  I hear her words of advice, her guidance, and can feel her love still.  Although Todd and I don't have kids just yet, we will make sure they feel the love too.  They will know all about Nana the Great!

No comments: